Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BG Trip I

We drove up to Batu Gajah last weekend, to attend Kar Wai's birthday party.

I've never been there, but they told me that everything in this small town in Perak is 10 minutes away from each other, so I guess I'm not missing out on much anyway.

Nevertheless, I was quite excited about visiting BG - a short weekend in a small, quiet town, away from the hustle and bustle of KL city.

A quick google search confirmed that there are no hotels there, just erm... inns. But what the hell. I'm quite easy when it comes to accomodation, since it's just for one night.

Someone suggested we stay at the Clearwater Sanctuary Golf Resort, and I later found out that it was the Hilton of Batu Gajah.





Not too bad for an abandoned mining pool eh?

Published rate for a Deluxe Room is at RM400, but members of the golf club can book the room at only RM255 nett.

All chalets are built by the lake, thus offering splendid waterfront view.



And of course, the best part about the room...

The verandah...

And the view...

There were plenty of sporting and recreational activities at the Resort - cycling, archery, tennis, kayaking, fishing and of course golf. Don't ask me how many holes and all that, cos I hate golf. But I thought the driving range was pretty cool cos you hit the balls into the water.

We did none of those activities, cos it required too much effort.








We did, however, manage some time to get some sun by the pool.


Next up - the birthday do, feasting on prawns in Tanjung Tualang and Kellie's Castle!

Posted by Doreen at 6:58 pm