Friday, October 10, 2008

no ice cream

It's a Friday evening at the office.

The winds have started howling a good half an hour ago, and the growling from the skies are becoming more frequent.

I look out the window. The clouds are dark and thick. The parking lot is slowly becoming empty as people drive off into their weekend.

A cheery voice greeted me as I dialed the 1300 number. I placed my order.

"Do you still have the Mudpie Oreo McFlurry?"

"No we don't".

"OK, just the regular Oreo McFlurry then?"

"I'm sorry Miss Doreen, we don't have desserts today".

"You WHAT?!"

"That's right, we don't have any desserts today. Just the apple or banane pie".

HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE ICE CREAM AVAILABLE ON A FRIDAY EVENING?

WHO WANTS TO EAT PIE ON A FRIDAY EVENING?

I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!!

No.

I didn't say that to him.

I should get back to that blank page.

I've got 1.5 hours to go.

Sigh.

Kelvin is going to murder me.

Posted by Doreen at 6:10 pm