Thursday, December 04, 2008

stripey affair

I have never, ever bought outfits which are horizontally striped. Vertical stripes, yes. They make me look taller and slimmer. But that too is limited to work shirts and pinstriped jackets only.

I stayed away from horizontal stripes because I thought they made me look w-i-d-e-r. As I am already blessed with a sizeable pelvis and posterior, I should work at making them look smaller instead.

Till I found this piece that made me smile.


I mean, look at the glorious colours!

Despite my reservations about horizontal stripes, I pulled this off the rack, made my way to the dressing room, and slipped it over my head.

Daaaaamn.

It didn't make me look w-i-d-e. I stepped out of the changing room and walked around the boutique for a bit, whilst catching an eye of myself in every mirror I walked passed. I loved it! It's such a fun, happy dress! And it clung on to the right places and hell, I am a sucker for anything V-neck - so I bought it.



All the pictures are taken in the car, because I was stuck in a crawl that looked like this...


And because I still have the zit on you know where, here's a picture of me wrinkling my nose instead.


(But if you look really, really close - you can actually still see it. Sigh.)

Anyways, the point of this entry - horizontal stripes don't necessarily make me look wide! Hooray!

Posted by Doreen at 12:16 pm