Friday, March 14, 2008

slimophobia

I wonder if anyone else feels like this.

I brush my teeth in the bathroom. And as much as I hate wet bathrooms, I can't help it sometimes. I don't have the luxury of living in a residence where the bathroom is the size of Singapore, and you can have the wet area and dry area far apart, and therefore not jeopardising each other's wetness or dryness.

So I stood by the sink brushing my teeth, while standing on the wet bathroom floor.

Then I felt it. A tingly feeling as though as slimy piece of creepy crawlie had just made its way up past my ankle. I stopped brushing, peered at my feet, but nope, nothing there.

I resumed brushing my teeth, much furiously this time, hoping to finish it quickly and get the hell out of the bathroom.

A few seconds later, I felt it again. This time it felt like a long wet strand of an earthworm wiggling in between my toes. In shock, I almost swallowed the toothpaste in my mouth. But upon looking at my toes - you guessed it - there was nothing there.

Over the weekend, I decided to wash the bathroom. Finally decided it about time as the walls and floor of the shower had about 2 weeks worth of dirt and grime on it. Armed with rubber gloves and a brush, I got down on all fours and scrubbed.

Yes, I paint quite a perfect auntie picture don't I?

Go ahead, laugh.

..

....

........

Enough.

Don't rub it in.

So while scrubbing the floor, I felt it again.

A slimy sliver inching its way upwards to my knees and I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise.

I was ready to flick that damn thing off, but... there was nothing there. Just some soapy bubbles.

So I spent a good 20 minutes in the bathroom, and in that span of time, had a total of 5 "creepy crawlie" sensation.

I have come to a conclusion that I suffer from a weird phobia. And I cannot even find a name for my predicament from the Phobia List.

It's the fear of creepy crawlies climbing up my legs when standing on wet floors.

How does slimophobia sound?

Posted by Doreen at 5:05 pm