Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Another change

"You have no prior sales experience," said the burly Brit.

"Duh - don't you think I know that?" I thought to myself , but found myself sprouting something as cliched as "Well, everyone is a salesman in one way or the other. I'm selling myself right now, and I've also been selling all through my career so far, just a different product."

I also remembered saying to him, "With adequate product training, and with my personality and people skills, I'll be able to sell (insert product name here). "

He nodded (in agreement in ought to be), because I received the "You're hired!" call less than a week after.

It's been a week. With training well underway, it's been quite overwhelming so far. Overwhelming in a good way though. Or should I say 'refreshing'?

It's a change. No more sweating it out and 48 hours of production with no sleep. No more having to wolf down my meals while huddled amongst flight cases backstage.

It's now gonna be all about being muka tembok (thick skinned) and having the stomach to handle rejection after rejection, after rejection.

Yay.

Posted by Doreen at 11:18 am