Friday, November 23, 2007

Neverland

Neverland was fan-fucking-tastic!

Pardon me. But it was really THAT awesome.

Conceptualized and managed a cocktail party for a bank recently, at Istana Budaya, in conjunction with Peter Pan the Musical.

Working in Neverland rocks.


We get to pretend we're flying, like Peter and the fairies.


We get to make uber cute mushrooms. See them under the tree? They're made of sponge, and super, super, DUPER huggable.

I actually drove around the entire KL, looking for tailors to help me make 'em, but many only claim to sew clothes and normal stuff. Eventually, someone recommended a nice auntie in USJ. And she kicks ass. She makes ANYTHING I tell you.


And of course, a picture with Peter Pan, Captain Hook and the twins, part of the Lost Boys ensemble.

What's managing a Peter Pan-related event without getting tickets to catch the musical itself?

OMG.

I loved it! It was everything I imagined Neverland to be - all the fairies, the shiny fairy dust, the funny pirates, the everything! Almost cried... too cute, too magical.

Peter Pan (played by Ryutaro Ranagita) was a star. So skinny that boy.

And I absolutely adored Captain Hook (played by Scott Sauer). Cocky, arrogant, and with that raaarrrr swagger.


I loved it when Peter Pan flew above the audience and sprinkled fairy dust all over us! An entirely magical feeling!

Favourite quote - "Everything dies without belief", and no, not just in the fairy sense.

Posted by Doreen at 6:14 pm