Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Loo

Bummer! Someone beat me to it.

So I was flickr-ing, doing some research for a project at work, and I came across this.

You mean it's no longer a novel idea to have toilet bowls as seats in a restaurant/cafe?

This is in Taiwan, and the name of the restaurant is "ma tong" (sorry I can't write in Chinese!), Mandarin for toilet bowl.

See, super cool or what?


For a few years now, I've been toying with the idea in my head, a toilet-concept pub. And because I'm filial and proud of my roots, as a tribute to my forefathers, this pub will be christened - The Loo!

Think about how cool it'll be when you hear someone say, "Shall we go to The Loo for drinks after work?"

My customers will be seating atop toilet bowls, and the bar will be kick-ass. Bartenders tap beer by pulling on a custom-made toilet-flush thingie. Upon paying, customers will have their receipt by pulling on a tissue-roll dispenser thingie.

And when they visit the actual loo at The Loo, they will be pleasantly surprised to see that it is the exact opposite of what's on the outside.

The toilet bowl will be designed to look like a chair, and the flush will look like the handle bartenders pull on while tapping beer. And instead of a toilet roll dispenser, I'll have a cash register look-alike spewing tissue.

As you can tell, my plans are still vague.

But if you are to see this pub open anytime in the near future, and that it is not called The Loo, please remember you read about it first at essentric.blogspot.com, and that sucker probably stole my idea.

Posted by Doreen at 6:26 pm