Wednesday, January 02, 2008

of dreams and waffles

Over waffles and coffee, we sat there, watching people at the mall.

It was the first day of the year.

When you are much wiser, you don't spend 1 January nursing a hangover. You have waffles, with ice cream, bananas, caramel and walnuts.

"So what time do they do the draw?" I asked and proceeded to clear the remnants of walnut stuck between my teeth, using my tongue.

"Actually it's done... we can check the results online when we get home, or read it in the papers tomorrow morning".

"Hmmmm. 16 million..." I said dreamily. "Where can we go if we have that kinda money?"

"Anywhere, girl, we can go ANYWHERE!"

We leaned our backs against the chair and started our own daydreams, right there, at some waffle joint.

"You know what? You could go get one of those globes thingie - give it a spin, close your eyes and just point, and we'll go there! OK?"

I laughed so loud the family at the next table was giving me funny looks.

----------------------------

Happy New Year!

May your 2008 be filled with plent of laughter, love, dreams come true and striking big jackpots.

Posted by Doreen at 1:49 pm