Thursday, May 15, 2008

lack of

I was and never am a fan of long-distance relationships. I doubt I'll be able to pull one off, therefore I never jumped into one.

Before leaving for KL for Australia, I ended a relationship, just like that. Because I'm going away. For a year. Which ended up being two. When I left Australia to come back to KL, I ended another relationship because I doubt I'm heading back there anytime in the near future.

I knew of people who did the whole long-distance thing. They communicated via the web, the phone, snail mail even! They do that to communicate, to be in touch, to hug and kiss, and probably even to have sex too!

But what do you do when you are kinda living together, but because of crazy schedules, have not been comnmunicating at all?

We wake up next to each other in the mornings, but after a few words and a quick peck, I'm out the door. We go to bed together too, but by the time I/we get home, it IS already bed-time. We complain about the tiring day in 3 words, say goodnight, do a quick kiss and then we fall alseep.

This is gonna be the way things are, for the next coupla weeks.

The scary part is, it's only been a week, and already I am feeling incomplete. And I am probably paranoid too, that things are not going right. Lack of communication does that to me.

And I don't quite know how to fix it.

Do I start doing the things people in long-distance relationships do?

Posted by Doreen at 8:55 am