Friday, November 25, 2005

In Between Black and White

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Heh heh heh. Yes I finally went to watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And yes, those were the exact words used to translate the movie's title. HAHAHAHA. Funny ya! When I got home, I even slept with all the lights off. No need for the white light, no need for a small lamp. To those who know me well enough, it's an achievement because I'm usually terribly freaked after horror movies and more often than not, have to sleep with the lights on for a few nights after watching a horror flick.

But Emily Rose wasn't all that bad. Mainly cos the whole focus was actually fighting the legal battle for Father Moore, and the horror scenes were actually used as fillers for narration purposes. Anyways, I enjoyed it. Though Fujia said it was like watching "The Practice". That didn't make sense to me.

Being a non-believer myself, I identified with Erin Bruner, the defence attorney - that this was not a case of facts, but a case of possibilities. Facts, she said, leave no room for questionable doubts.

When it comes to religion, some people have told me - It's either you believe it or you don't. But there are "in-betweens" you know. Maybe we don't quite believe in a particular religion or faith, but belive in the presence of supernatural entities that also exist alongside us - yes, be it angelic or demonic forces.

Posted by Doreen at 10:39 am