Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ladies, Hope is Not Gone!

I hate being stereotyped, therefore I (try to) avoid stereotyping.

But last night I caught myself stereotyping, but I guess I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was way off with my stereotyping of this one particular guy.

Jake recently ended a 10 year relationship with his girl, and needless to say, he's devastated. He's always been one of those happy, chirpy ones, and an all-round nice guy. Me and Jake, we get along fabulously. And no, we do not want to get into each other's pants.

So there - 30 years of age, single and very much available. Jake is also well-built, speaks eloquently, currently pursuing a Masters degree, has a steady job, and well, he's pretty much got it all going for him.

Everything. But. The. Girl.

So I thought that Subject Jake: 30 y.o., single, and doing well, would take some time to grieve over a broken relationship and then start playing the field. I mean, seriously, I thought men this age are in their prime years and therefore think that they are God's gift to women! No wait, scrap that. Men, irregardless of their age (and status in society), think that they are God's gift to women.

But that's where I was wrong.

Jake does not want to play the field. Jake does not want to bed a different girl every weekend. Jake does not want to have no frills, no strings attached relationships. Jake wants to be committed to one girl. Jake wants to settle down. (Chorus: Awwwwwww)

I thought a sane 30 year old bachelor, who just ended a 10 year relationship, would jump on the Promiscuous Boat and enjoy being single again! But nooooooooooooo! He wants to have someone to love, someone to love him back, and all other things Hallmark.

Phew. Ladies, all hope is not gone! There are still some decent men out there!

Posted by Doreen at 9:07 am