Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Prayers Don't Work

I'm terribly stressed. Even this prayer which I've got stuck onto the wall of my office don't seem to be helping much either...

Image hosting by Photobucket

A Prayer for the Stressed
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I cannot accept
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today
Because they got on my nerves

Also help me to be careful of the toes I step on today
As they may be connected to the feet I may have to kiss tomorrow

Help me to always work 100%
12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
5% on Friday

And help me to remember...

When I'm having a bad day
And it seems that people are trying to wind me up
That it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 muscles to smile
But only 4 to extend my arm and smack you in the mouth!


And I feel like sending this out to the people who give me shit...

Image hosting by Photobucket

When things go wrong
And they usually will,
And your daily road
Seems all uphill,
When machines are down
and tempers are high,
When you try to smile
but you can only cry,
And you really feel
youd like to quit...
Don't run to me
I don't give a shit!


Oh well. Work is work innit? Daddy always reminds me to never sell my soul to the company. "Doreen, take it easy lah!" he will say. "You're just an employee, no need to go all out," said the wise old man.

But sometimes, it's impossible isn't it? With deadlines looming, your bosses harping at you to move faster, your clients demanding this and because the customer always comes first, the boss continues harping at you to submit to their beck and call.

And in return, we get a comfy chill out zone at the office.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yes, it's lovely and so very inviting.

Now all we need is a mini bar filled with an assortment of beers and liquors, and an ashtray somewhere.

Posted by Doreen at 6:31 pm