Thursday, April 27, 2006

Su My Ass

OK, so Sudoku is big. It's everywhere! There's a column dedicated for Sudoku in the papers. There's some 85 million websites which popped up when I googled Sudoku. Even the Iron Lady Rafidah plays Sudoku in her spare time.

Have I tried playing it?

Pfft! Of course I have!

(for like 2 seconds?)

Heh. OK, so it's boring. And I hate numbers. And I just can't be bothered wasting time on such puzzles. Then again, I love word puzzles. I love unscrambling words, I love crosswords, etc.

So if you have just emerged from your cave and have not heard of Sudoku, don't worry, you're not missing out on much.

Then again, if you insist, this is how it looks like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So how do you play it?

Fill in the grid so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains the digits 1 through 9. Simple enough?

This is how the solved puzzle should look like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But who cares?

Till I saw this at the bookstore recently.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A whole aisle of books just for Su-fuc-do-king-ku! Shit.

Posted by Doreen at 5:37 pm