Thursday, August 10, 2006

Chicken, RIP

On Monday afternoon he texted me asking if I'd be interested to join XYZ company where his friend is the Account Director. I told him it's a bit far off for me to travel there for work.

We sent a few more SMSes back and forth, and he even jokingly said that he'll apply for that job in XYZ because a lot of hot gals work there. I jokingly called him a desperate asshole.

Later in the night, during theatre practice, he sent another SMS: "Minum?"

My reply was short - "Can't. Rehearsal."

Today, I received news that he was involved in a car accident that took his life.

Chicken, if you can read this, I'm so sorry. I am sorry for not obliging to your invitation. I am sorry if my last 2 words to you sounded harsh and rude.

The last time we had drinks, you warned me to not get married first as you were still looking for a girlfriend. You told me about your new job and how you were faring in it. You were heading for Thailand on business the next day, and I mockingly asked you if business meant visiting brothels. You scowled at me and told me you were desperate, but not THAT desperate.

You're only 26. Why does it have to be you? : (

Chicken, you will always be remembered. Rest in peace bro.

Posted by Doreen at 6:21 pm