Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rainbows

I saw this while driving home from work yesterday evening.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rainbows never fail to make me smile. I love seeing that huge colourful arch spreading across the sky, and I'll start singing "Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high... There's a land that I heard of, once in a Lullaby..."

Did you know there's such a thing as a Primary rainbow and a Secondary rainbow? A primary one starts with red on the outer arch and ends in Violet. However, a secondary rainbow occurs when light is reflected in the droplets of water twice, and the result is a blurer mesh of colours, with violet on the outside, and red on the inside.

I stopped by a second hand bookstore last night and bought this...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This book has been on my wishlist for some time now.. but I just think prices of books in Malaysia are just way too expensive. And even though I can part with 100 bucks for say a dress, I can't bear to part with about 60-70 bucks for a hardcover book.

So at the bookstore last night, I found a copy of Angela's Ashes in the "Super Value" bin going for a mere 10 bucks! RM10 for a hardcover book, still in very, very good condition.

You could imagine how excited I was... thrilled beyond words!

Last night was very fulfilling and relaxing. I should do it more often. With a bottle a Chilean red by my bedside, and drinking it from a mug instead of a wine glass which I do not own, and a good book for the night, I was literally in 7th heaven!

Though I must confess to something - I hate being alone. Eventhough I could very well be doing something solitary such as reading, I like knowing that should I turn my head, I'll have someone around. Knowing that there is someone next to me, and also knowing that should I want to say something out of the blue and having someone listen to me - that is comforting.

Nevertheless, I still had plenty of fun last night : )

Posted by Doreen at 10:51 am