Tuesday, June 27, 2006

From 20 to 40

My hair is low maintenance. It's straight and shoulder length. I only have 3 styles for work: half ponytail, full ponytail, or all up in a bun with no hair styling products whatsoever. This takes 1 minute.

My skin care routine is a basic 3-step: cleanse, tone and moisturize. This takes another 2 minutes.

My make-up is also hassle free. I apply liquid foundation on my face, dab loose powder all over, blusher on both cheeks, lip gloss and I'm done. This takes 3 minutes.

Before I go to bed every night, I mentally pick out what I intend to wear to work the next day. This saves me a whole lot of time as I don't have to rummage through my wardrobe and pluck random items out, which I will then leave strewn all over my bed should I decide not to wear them. So when I open my wardrobe door every morning, I already have an idea on what to wear, plus minus a little bit more of choosing here and there. This takes approximately 10 minutes.

All in all, I get ready for work in under 20 minutes.

However, in the last week, I noticed that I've been taking longer than usual.

My hair requires more time now because I wash them every nite, and when I settle down to watch the TV, I end up flattening my wet hair propping my head up against pillows. It literally gives me a bad hair day already. Instead of my usual tie-and-go routine which takes approximately a minute, I now require about 5-10 minutes fixing my hair.

I forget to think of wardrobe selection before falling asleep, and in the mornings, end up sitting in my underwear facing the wardrobe for a good 15-20 minutes before I can decide on what I want to wear.

My eyebags are horrendous these days. They are bulgingly huge and really dark. And because of this, I require a longer time trying to conceal my dark rings using make-up products. Instead of my usual 3 minutes, I now require approximately 10 minutes as well.

Therefore, I now end up using a good 40 minutes to get ready for work, double the time I require on a normal day.

Complaining? No. Who's complaining? I'm just letting you know. If I'm late for work, you'll know that my morning routine now require a bit more extra time because I really do want to look presentable for work and impress my clients.

Oh, but don't worry. I promise all will resume to normal after 9 July. Oh, 10 July I mean because the final game is at 2am.

Did I just say that out loud?

Posted by Doreen at 7:01 pm