Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Siti is old news

Yes, the extensive media coverage of Siti.. I mean Datin Siti's wedding has got the nation buzzing with excitement. If you don't already know, dude, hibernating ah you?

Well, the culmination of months of nationwide hype ended last night with the dinner reception which was held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. Of course, after so much anticipation, the event was broadcasted live over TV3. A solid 2.5 hours telecast.

In the early days, everyone wanted to know who was this mysterious Datuk K, and when it was revealed, people wanted to know when they will tie the knot. Of course, after the date was revealed, people then wanted to know more about her shoes, make-up, jewellery and dresses.

Now that the wedding is over (in KL that is), I wonder if there'll be news of their honeymoon destination, when they will start planning for family, etc.

Heck, I don't even listen to her songs, yet I check out stories on who's designing the dress, the shoes, and accessories for her big day. Even the Chinese auntie who cleans our office asked me if I've heard the news the morning after Siti and her beau announced the big date. I guess everyone is just revelling in the hype, Datin Siti is Malaysia's pop princess afterall.

Admit it. You did tune it to watch the wedding on TV3 last night! Right? Right? Even if it's just the occasional change of channel in between ESPN commercial breaks? Right right?

No?

Really?

OK, I did (maluuuuuuu....)

And I loooooooooooooooove her white and pink dress, the one she wore during the cake-cutting ceremony. And I love how the hall was so lavishly and elegantly decorated. I kept ooohing and aaaahing while watching, and if I'm not mistaken, I think I kinda got the boyfriend a wee bit scared.

HAHAHA.

OK, now that the wedding is out of the way, what's the next hype which the media wants us to jump right into?

Posted by Doreen at 3:47 pm