Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kicking It

It's my third day of being nicotine-free. And I hope to come clean, eventually.

There was a huge argument at home last night. I wonder if it's mood swings caused by nicotine withdrawals or the fact that there really IS a problem with us.

Oh, but it's all good now.

Runny nose. Check. Sleepy. Check. I don't know if I can just point finger at nicotine withdrawal. Or the fact that I'm still sick and feeling mighty groggy.

When I got home yesterday evening, I spotted the light blue box in my bag and retrieved a stick from the pack. I went out to the balcony for a fix. I took the first puff and it tasted weird. The second puff was even weirder. I flicked it.

It's my first attempt at quitting. My very first. I'm surprised I'm even doing it. But I hope it's not just the fact that I don't feel like smoking because I'm sick.

Wish me luck.

Posted by Doreen at 11:22 am