Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Haunted

Time: 11:15am
Weather: Sleepy
Skies: Cloudy
Visibility from rooftop: Awesome
 
You know... On Christmas Eve, children go to bed early because they are expecting Santa to drop their gifts off. They lay in their bed, full of anticipation and refusing to close their eyes, as they wait for his arrival. Somewhere through the night, as their eyelids get heavier, and the moment before they doze off into la-la land, they hear a soft patter on the rooftop - reindeers. Their soft murmur is of excitement, yet their eyes refuse to open completely now, and they snuggle deeper under the warm covers.
 
This morning was like that. The few moments before my alarm buzzed to life, I sleepily opened my eyes and heard the soft patter of the rain on the roof. It was bliss. I can't even begin to describe that short moment of paradise.
 
Then, shit of all shit, I suddeny thought of Moses, Rachel and Stephen, let out a groan, and pulled the covers over my head. Must have dozed off for a little bit more before the alarm finally rang. It's bad isn't it? They haunt me! Shit eh?

Posted by Doreen at 10:42 am