Wednesday, July 25, 2007

not even a game

"Went to Damas just now, to meet KS, one of our production guy... ding dong lah that KS, changing the venue from Mid Valley to Hartamas," I said while snuggling up to him on the couch.

"Uh huh..." said he.

"And you know what - I met an old friend! I haven't seen him in yonks! Took me a while to fetch his name from the back of my head. Turns out, he is also working with KS on a separate project," I said.

He nodded.

"You know, back then during those IRC days? Yeah, that dude was someone I got to know via IRC. I still remember our first meet-up, I woke Stefi up so that all 3 of us could head to Klang for bak kut teh at 5am ... man, that was yeaaaars ago!"

"Oh," said he.

"Why do the South China dudes look like Malays or Polynesians?" I asked him.

He shrugged.

I went into the kitchen to get a drink, then headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I returned to the sofa, and no surprises- he's still there.

"Sleep!" I said to him.

"Huh."

After a few minutes, he turned off the TV and came into the room where I was emptying out a Watson plastic bag.

"What did you get?" he asked.

"Conditioner - bought it while I was at Damas just now."

"I thought your meeting was held at Mid Valley?"

He wasn't even watching a game. Just ESPN highlights.

Posted by Doreen at 10:35 am