Monday, June 21, 2004

Fresh Air

I heave a sigh of relieve as I feel my lungs and throat clear. I breathe better today. One major task I've been delaying has finally been completed. It's a good feeling.

Plus, I did something nice over the weekend. I went to curl my hair.. It's a nice messy look with big curls.. Love it, love it. Love it cos it's different. Love it cos it makes me feel more womanly. Love it cos it's all messy and bouncy.

Then, on Sunday went for a so-called audition for a freelance mobile DJ job.. And I got it! You know those DJs at shopping malls announcing promotions, events, etc? During the audition, I was given a press advertisement and told to pretend that I was at venue at this Mall which has some carnival going on.. So I grabbed the mike and started talking and talking.. And gosh, it felt good. Then I was told to do it in Malay, Mandarin and Cantonese.. I stumbled here and there for these 3 languages, but an OK overall.

So they hired me. But then again, it's a freelance thing. So it's as and when they have projects and as and when they feel that I am good enough to handle an event. But it's cool.. I need time to go check out their other DJs at work, need time to compile my own music selection, etc.

I don't really care how much they pay me.. I mean of course it's gotta be reasonable.. At the end of the day, I just want to be able to include 'Freelance DJ' in my portfolio. I mean, broadcasting has always been a dream.. If I can use this as a springboard, a platform, to gain experience and exposure.. maybe I can go into radio someday... Hmm... Nice.

Had a pretty decent weekend.. Plus, it must be some National Roadblock Day on Saturday night here in the Valley. Some 4 or 5 roadblocks around Bangsar, Brickfields and Ampang.. All these suburbs within close proximities of one another. Goodness me. We went thru 2 itself that night. Nothing happened.. Just very sober. HAHA.

Oh well..





Posted by Doreen at 4:28 pm