Friday, March 10, 2006

From Forklifts to Fashion

The boyfriend has landed himself in a new job - and I'm super proud of him! Fashion it will be this time round. Forklifts - you can go kiss ass! Who needs to be all sweaty and visiting factories in the middle of nowhere when you can surround yourself with beautiful pieces from Guess?, Raoul, Valentino and also La Senza?

When he came home last night, he told me about the string of events that happened and that he's been given an offer. He was truly happy. We laughed and smiled till our jaws ached. I got so excited I couldn't sleep.

Then again, it didn't help that he came home somewhat drunk, and spent most of the night tossing and turning, and then barfing in the toilet bowl. How is one supposed to fall asleep when you have another someone making horrible throaty sounds and desperately emptying their guts and in the middle of the night?

Bleargh.

Thank god it's Friday though. I didn't think I'd be able to survive another working day after all the physical work and the late nights in the past week. Mom, you sent me to uni so that I can have a comfy desk-bound job, but look! I'm just like a roadie minus the flight cases. Grrr roadshows suck!

Posted by Doreen at 2:14 pm