Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things That Make You Go Huh?

It being the school holidays, many will gloat at the fact that there will be lesser cars on the roads, especially during the morning rush. Yes, eventhough my house is a mere 8 minutes drive away from the office, I make it a point to leave my house at 8:30am every morning.

This morning I woke up feeling like a slug. I slithered out of bed and crawled to the bathroom. Splashing cold water on my face didn't help much either, it made me fear the cold and cruel world out there, and I just wanted so badly to hide under the covers.

Nevertheless, I still washed and got dressed, and left the house at approximately 8:45am, thinking to myself that it IS afterall the school holidays and there will be lesser cars on the road, and making that U-turn shouldn't be a problem.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Upon exiting the junction to connect to the main highway, there were already 3 lanes of vehicles all waiting to squeeze into a single-lane U-turn. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is SHIT.

Flashing my sweetest smile, some kind soul allowed me to cut into the third lane. Flashing another sweet smile, another kind soul allowed me to cut into the second lane. Aahh, nice people on a stressful Wednesday morning! But of course, the people in the inner-most lane is the most kiasu of them all. So I figured I'll do what everybody else is doing, cut in at the very last minute, just right before the U-turn! So in the congestion, I got bored and started taking pictures.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I wonder what sort of rescues do this team handle? They didn't have a siren so it's not an ambulance.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Wicked! We can rent pots! I thought that the name Rent-A-Pot was pretty cute. Now try saying that 10 times in a row quickly and non-stop. Cute innit?

Finally, I managed to squeeze into the intended U-turn lane, and all these while, I scanned the opposite side of the road and saw no congestion. If there is no congestion on the other end of the road, why are we all stuck here?

Then I saw the culprit.

Image hosting by Photobucket

A van was parked right after the U-turn, on the side of the road, and a couple of men were clearing up some dead branches or something or the other. This resulted in cars having to inch into the middle lane RIGHT AFTER the U-turn, thus causing traffic to slow down.

I'm like, WHAT THE FUCK! It's freaking 9am and people are rushing to get to work, and you park your silly van right at the U-turn and start collecting some dead leaves and branches?

Oh Malaysia!

Posted by Doreen at 10:31 am